Updated: 25th May 2018
Your privacy is our priority and we are adopting security measures to make sure Claimable is safe and enjoyable for everyone.
We will never sell your data and we process data in compliance with the strictest security laws.
The “services” and “applications” refer to Claimable’s claims management applications and services in whatever format they may be offered now or in the future.
You Own Your Data
Claimable uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate our applications and services.
Although Claimable owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Claimable application and services, you retain all rights to your data.
Data Processor and Data Controller
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the new European data protection law, as well as other data privacy laws, differentiate between the “data controller” and the “data processor”. The customer is the Controller of Customer Data while Claimable is the Processor of Customer Data and the Controller of Other Information.
Customer Data are the content and information added to the Claimable applications and services. For instance, claims details or documents concerning a claim uploaded into Claimable are considered Customer Data. This data is controlled by you and Claimable processes this data on your behalf.
It is the account administrator on behalf of the organisation or individual that owns the Claimable account that determines the use, access, deletion or sharing of Customer Data.
Use of Customer Data
Claimable may access and use Customer Data in accordance with the customer’s guidance to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the service.
- Prevent and resolve technical or security issues.
- Provide support to customers when required.
- Help customers comply with GDPR related requests.
Other Information We Collect
Claimable collects and processes Other Information with the exclusive purpose of improving your experience. Other Information refers to data regarding website visitors and customers. Claimable is the Controller of Other Information.
The information collected includes:
Email address, phone number, company name, domain and/or similar account details are collected upon signup. When an account is activated Claimable collects billing details such as credit card and billing address.
We collect information when you access or use our applications or websites such as the device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, plugins, preferred language and activities.
We also record information collected from our website as the page visited and the date and time the pages are accessed, mouse movements and clicks.
Claimable’s applications and services require cookies to operate optimally. You may turn off cookies in your browser to prevent them being stored on your computer, although you may experience reduced functionality in our applications and services as a result.
We collect your timezone and default locale upon sign up. We also collect your approximate location from your browser or device.
Use of Other Information
Claimable uses Other Information to:
- Provide, update, maintain and protect our services.
- Prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues.
- Respond to your requests, comments and questions.
- Send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical or administrative emails and inform you about changes in our applications and services or security and fraud notices.
- Communicate about billing and administrative issues.
- Maintain high-security standards and investigate and prevent issues.
- Produce aggregated statistics, e.g. publishing a report on trends in the usage of our applications and services. In doing so, Claimable will never disclose personally-identifiable information. You have the right to object to the use of your data for aggregated statistics.
- Marketing Activities. From time to time Claimable may send emails to registered users announcing new products and services. These will always be informative, relevant and infrequent and you may opt out at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the email.
How we Maintain the Security of Data
Claimable implements various measures to ensure that data are protected against unauthorised access, use and destruction.
Data are only accessible to authorised people and for the purpose of better customer service and nothing else.
We implement high standards security strategies to protect your data such as firewalls network protection, encryption and anonymisation of personal data and IP restrictions.
You can find more information about our security strategies in the Security Code of Conduct.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will never share or disclose Customer Data to third parties without your consent.
Claimable may share Other Information with third parties in order to:
- Process payments.
- Respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal processes.
- To protect and defend the rights or safety of us or third parties, to enforce contracts or to investigate and prevent fraud.
Claimable Do Not Store Your Credit Card or Bank Account Details
Claimable use a trusted third-party provider to look after your credit card and bank account information and no sensitive payment details are stored by Claimable directly. Claimable staff do not have access to your credit card or bank account information.
Claimable will provide you with an export of your data stored on our databases and servers, upon request, in a machine-readable format provided you have met your obligations as set out in our Terms of Service.
In case of a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR), Claimable is committed to helping you fulfil this request efficiently.
Claimable may securely delete Customer Data 30 days after you stop paying for our applications and services, or sooner at your request.
At the end of the provision of service, at the choice of the Controller, Claimable shall delete or return all Personal Data to the Controller and delete existing copies unless the Union or Member State law requires storage of data.
Customer Data are stored securely on our databases and servers. You solely control who has access to your data and you are responsible for keeping your password safe.
Only authorised members of Claimable staff have access to Customer Data to perform administrative tasks and for the purpose of a better customer service and nothing else.
Claimable monitors the use of our applications and services to ensure we are meeting our standards and for research and security purposes. No personally identifying information is logged and sensitive information is anonymised.
Any questions regarding this policy should be sent to email@example.com.
Changes to This Policy