We are on the look-out for like-minded people who share our passion and vision.
Is that you? Then get in touch!
We are currently focused on growing our team by filling the following roles:
We build cutting-edge web applications for the finance and insurance industry. Typically, our clients are used to large, clunky and outdated legacy systems. In stark contrast to this, we provide them with a modern, cloud-based solution that ultimately helps them operate more efficiently, without the overhead associated with in-house software.
We’re a small, passionate team based in London's Tech City, punching well above our weight against some pretty huge competitors! We take pride in being agile and innovative.
1. Junior Rails Developer
You will be working directly on both our main JSON API and custom Rails applications for our enterprise clients, providing you with excellent exposure to how we balance the expectations of our customers with the day-to-day demands of software development. You’ll be supporting the lead developer in a small team, so the code you write will have a big impact from day one! ⚡️
Your work will cover both the back-end (Ruby/Rails) and front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) aspects of the application, giving you good exposure to both. Also, there will be the opportunity to interact with clients either directly or indirectly.
You will see an immediate impact of your work, as you’ll be committing code into a production environment, giving you the opportunity to make a significant impact on our products from the code and ideas you contribute!
- Thoroughly test and commit your code prior to creating a Github pull request ready for sign-off.
- Analyse and investigate complicated issues, with a outcome-driven mentality. 🤔
- Have, at least, a working knowledge of PostgreSQL and more generally SQL-based databases.
- Manage your own time appropriately for the needs of the business and our clients.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in relevant fields/communities and suggest improvements/changes accordingly based on new releases, updates, gems etc.
- Help the team interpret the needs of our customers and translate business logic into application code.
- An undergraduate degree (2:1 or higher) or equivalent-level qualification. 👏
- This is an on-site role at our office in Shoreditch, London, UK, so you will need to be able to commute here.
- Provide examples of your work, such as a recent web site or application you’ve created.
- You are detail-oriented. Our software facilitates complex business processes, but needs to still be easy to use, so the littlest details are sometimes the biggest!
- You have a passion for web technologies and modern web application development and frameworks.
- You’re a fast learner with the ability to understand complicated and, sometimes idiosyncratic, concepts quickly.
- A desire to learn about how large, B2B, modern web applications are built, deployed and maintained.
- You like a challenge!
Based on experience.
Please send a cover note, your CV/resume and examples of your work.